Descriptive Paragraphs

/ Tuesday, August 30, 2011 /
Today, we began writing a descriptive paragraph. The students were encouraged to include a sentence which addressed as many senses as possible: sight, smell, touch and sound. Here is one of the many outstanding pieces which is about our school:

     My school is Nancy Young. When I walk through the door every where I look I see a smile. I can hear cheerful and bright voices from all the classrooms. I can feel the hard, solid ground beneath me. I can smell fresh clean air. NYE is so cool somtimes I wish the weekend was one day long. ~Skye

What wonderful writers we have in 3SM! Look for more examples as we progress through the year, as the children will have many chances to 'publish' their work on our classroom blog.


5 comments:

Anonymous on: September 1, 2011 at 4:56 PM said...

Good job Skye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From, Ola

Anonymous on: September 11, 2011 at 4:36 PM said...

Awesome job Skye! I love N.Y.E. too!!!!!!! Clara

Anonymous on: September 11, 2011 at 4:44 PM said...

wow nice writing skye i like it

Anonymous on: September 12, 2011 at 7:01 PM said...

That was a very good Descriptive Paragraph Skeye. Jadyn M.

Anonymous on: September 12, 2011 at 7:03 PM said...

I meant skye.Jadyn

About Me

My photo
I am a third grade teacher at Nancy Young Elementary School. This blog shows a glimpse of our 2012-2013 school year.
 
Copyright © 2010 Mrs. Smith's Third Grade Class, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger